Bowman Elementary School Principal at Lexington Public Schools
Bowman Elementary School [Get directions]
1. MA DESE Certification for Principal PreK-6
2. Masters Degree in Educational Leadership, Organizational Behavior, or Related Field in Education
3. Three to Five Years Experience in an Administrative Role
4. Three to Five Years Experience Teaching, Training, or Providing Staff Development
- Facilitate the development of a shared mission and vision;
- Encourage and use a variety of strategies to assess student performance accurately;
- Apply current principles, practices, and research to foster effective teaching;
- Lead the review of curriculum, instruction and assessment practices;
- Promote and model the effective use of appropriate instructional technologies;
- Hold teachers accountable for having high standards and positive expectations that all children can perform at high levels;
- Work with teachers and staff to supervise and evaluate their performances, using performance standards, and to identify areas of growth; and,
- Supports ongoing professional development for self, colleagues, and staff.
- Applies research and organizational leadership skills;
- Demonstrates communication skills that are clear, direct and responsive;
- Creates a positive, informed climate for collegial teaching and learning;
- Facilitates constructive change;
- Plans for, models, and encourages collaboration and shared decision making; and,
- Applies strategic planning techniques that foster systematic approaches and result in sound decisions.
Administration and Management
- Carries out personnel selection, supervision, evaluation, and management functions for the school or district effectively;
- Carries out all duties as outlined in State and Federal special education laws and requirements and the No Child Left Behind Act,
- Applies current knowledge of policy formation and legal requirements within the scope of responsibility;
- Applies current knowledge of fiscal management policy and practices within the scope of responsibility;
- Applies current knowledge of auxiliary programs within the scope of responsibility; and,
- Uses appropriate technologies to lead, manage and communicate.
Promotion of Equity and Appreciation for Diversity
- Strives to ensure equity among programs and learning opportunities for staff, students, and parents; and,
- Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals.
Community and Corporate Partnerships
- Assesses the needs of parents, community and business members and involves them in decision-making;
- Promotes mutually beneficial partnerships among staff, parents, businesses and the community; and,
- Interprets, articulates, and promotes the vision, mission, programs, activities and services of the school and district.
- Models professional behaviors that contribute to addressing the needs of students;
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for his/her own learning;
- Demonstrates and promotes an atmosphere of respect for self and others; and,
- Models ethical behavior.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands or arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Applicants for employment are considered without regard to age, physical, mental or psychiatric disability, genetics, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or military status.
Applicaton Deadline: March 9, 2018
How To Apply:
Please apply online. Applications will be considered only when the online application is completed and a cover letter, resume and other supporting materials have been attached to your online application.
LPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Kari Grossman 781-861-2580
Salary: (*subject to FY19 COLA) $128,192.14 - $147,377.31
Posting date: 2018-02-01
Expiration date: 2018-03-09