ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE INSTRUCTOR at Norfolk County Agricultural High School
400 Main Street, Walpole, MA 02081 [Get directions]
1. Certified or certifiable as a Chapter 74 Environmental Science Instructor by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary
and Secondary Education Certification
2. Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a caring, positive and constructive manner and specifically with students,
teachers, school administrators, parents and volunteers.
3. Must have and maintain impeccable moral standards.
4. Must be neat and clean in appearance and personal habits.
5. Dependability in attendance and productivity. Perform high quality work consistently. Exhibit a positive work ethic.
6. Be a role model for students and the general public at large.
7. Demonstrates confidentiality in personnel and student matters.
8. Demonstrate a proficiency in handling problems as they arise and to know when and to whom to assign the handling of
situations in the absence of an administrator.
9. Ability to work independently as well as a team with other staff members.
10. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Plan, teach and evaluate assigned courses that align to meet the standard of the Massachusetts Career and Vocational Technical Frameworks and industry standards for Environmental Science. Perform those tasks associated with the teaching profession in general. Become especially responsive to the needs of students enrolled in Norfolk County Agricultural High School and make a constructive effort to serve the needs of the Norfolk County Agricultural High School as an organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan, organize and provide appropriate learning experience within assigned area of responsibility.
2. Establish and maintain an instructional atmosphere conducive to learning.
3. Contribute to the continuous development of curriculum and the improvement of instruction.
4. Perform all required duties (supervision, attendance taking, student/parent conferences, department/staff meetings, etc.).
5. Maintain up-to-date and accurate records and reports necessary for the effective management of the school program.
6. Demonstrate appropriate application of interdisciplinary instruction.
7. Apply a variety of teaching techniques to the delivery of instruction.
8. Participate in the delivery of related student services.
9. Model the values respected in a democratic society.
10. Participate in professional development activities that align with school-wide educational goals.
● Update professional skills by attending conferences, meetings, workshops, and other professional development and related career training activities.
● Join professional organizations.
● Develop goals and activities relative to professional development.
● Obtain OSHA 10 Certification
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
How To Apply:
In addition to a completed application, each candidate must provide copies of official transcripts and current, pertinent, written references from three sources two of whom are the candidates supervisors in his/her current position; or if unemployed, from the candidates most recent place of employment; or if just graduated from college from the school where practice teaching took place.
Please send, fax or email a letter of interest and resume addressed to:
Dr. Tammy T. Quinn, Superintendent-Director
Attention: Lauren Seaman, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent-Director
Norfolk County Agricultural High School
400 Main Street
Walpole, MA 02081
Phone (508) 668-0268 ext. 11207 Fax: (508) 668-0612
Contact: Lauren Seaman 508-668-0268
Salary: In accordance with negotiated contract
Posting date: 2017-02-07
Expiration date: 2017-08-01