Director of Pupil Personnel Services at Littleton Public Schools
33 Shattuck Street, Littleton MA [Get directions]
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
Littleton Public Schools has a vacancy for Director of Pupil Personnel Services. Littleton
is located 36 miles west of Boston, Massachusetts and has a population of just over 10,000 residents. There are four schools within the district: Shaker Lane School (PreK-2),
Russell Street School (3-5), Littleton Middle School (6-8), Littleton High School (9-12).
1. Masters or Doctorate degree in education.
2. Certification by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as Administrator of Special Education.
3. Successful teaching or related experience in Special Education with prior administrative experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
4. Ability to lead Pupil Services staff, inclusive of ABA, BCBA, Health Professionals, Specialist staff, ELL staff and Guidance staff.
5. Design, implement and assess Pupil Services programs and interact as part of the Central Office Leadership Team.
6. Must have excellent working knowledge of state and federal regulations, strong collaboration and team building skills, and thorough understanding of inclusion practices.
7. Successful experience in accessing and allocating funds and overall management of grants.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Year, 3 Year Contract.
COMPENSATION: The district is prepared to offer a regionally competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experiences.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Superintendent.
Duties of Director of Pupil Personnel Services
Administers all Special Education, 504, English Language Learner, nursing and health programs, and homeless and foster care programs, as well as other programs resulting from legislation relating to these populations of students.
Programmatic and compliance
- Designs cost-effective programs and models for service delivery that meet student needs, including special education students
- Collaborates with principals to develop and implement curriculum and instructional activities for special education students
- Develops professional development for all staff in collaboration with principals and the Curriculum Director
- Develops summer programming for qualified special education students
- Establishes and maintains procedures to ensure compliance with local, state and federal guidelines in each area of responsibility
- Represents the Littleton Public Schools with the Bureau of Special Education Appeals
- Reviews and signs off on all Individual Education Plans
- Coordinates and oversees all 504 Plans
- Serves as the Director of Language Acquisition for the Littleton Public Schools
- Oversees the Out of District Coordinator and Early Childhood Coordinator in their respective roles
Staff and community relationships
- Coordinates the recruitment of staff with the principals and coordinates the scheduling and assignment of all supervised personnel in cooperation with building principals
- Evaluates staff as directed by the Superintendent
- Serves as a liaison to community agencies, courts, hospitals and clinics on special education, clinical, and health matters
- Serves as the liaison to local educational collaboratives (CASE, EDCO, LABBB)
- Works cooperatively with parents and community on special education matters and attends/participates in meetings of the Special Education Parents Advisory Council (SEPAC)
- Prepares preliminary annual budgets for the Special Education Department
- Prepares financial reports as required by the Superintendent in the management of the school budget
- Prepares the district’s Circuit Breaker and School Choice Increment reports
- Prepares and monitors all state and federal grants
- Coordinates and manages all special education transportation with the Superintendent and Director of Finance
- Monitors billing for the Municipal Medicaid Reimbursement program
- Serves as the District Equity Coordinator
- Serves as Central Office Sexual Harassment Complaint Management Facilitator, if so assigned
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Superintendent of Schools
- Serves as Homeless Education and Foster Care liaison
How To Apply:
Please forward via email or mail; cover letter, resume, certification, transcripts and 3 current letters of reference to:
Dr. Kelly R. Clenchy, Superintendent of Schools
Littleton Public Schools
33 Shattuck Street
P.O Box 1486
Littleton, MA 01460
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY February 26, 2018 at 4:00 p.m..
Contact: Dorothy Mulone 978-540-2506
Salary: The district is prepared to offer a regionally competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experiences.
Posting date: 2018-01-26
Expiration date: 2018-02-26