Lead Infant/Toddler Teacher at Nurtury
Boston [Get directions]
Qualifications and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:-
DEEC LT certification and at least 2yrs of relevant experience.-
Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education required, Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
1. Ensure the health and safety of all children in the classroom at all times.
2. Provide a developmentally appropriate classroom, including but not limited to:a. Design, set and maintain an effective learning environment.b. Maintain classroom for appropriate program implementation to include cleanliness and attractiveness of furniture and contents, monitoring need and quantity of equipment and supplies, keeping materials and equipment in good order and repair.
3. Provide an individualized curriculum for each child ensuring a balanced day, including but not limited to:a. Develop weekly plans/curriculum in all areas of growth and development including socio-emotional, language, fine and gross motor and language.b. Assess and record each child's current development and records developmental changes, interests, etc. through the use of anecdotal records, assessment tools for the purpose of planning curriculum and sharing with parents. c. Keep appropriate attendance records and bring continued absences to the attention of the Program Director and/or social worker.
4. Train and supervise Infant/Toddler Teaching Assistant and/or Teacher.
5. Continue educational and professional growth through courses, workshops, conferences, in-service training, meetings, etc.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Contact: Human Resources 617-695-0700
Salary: $14-$20 an hour
Posting date: 2017-12-04
Expiration date: 2018-05-31